The Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Conference, in partnership with Safer Greenwich Partnership, takes place on Wednesday 28 November 2018 (9.30am to 4.30pm).Millennium Suite,
Charlton Athletic Football Club,
London SE7 8BL
An adults conference on domestic abuse
Did you Know: Royal Borough of Greenwich has the third highest rate of domestic abuse in London.
The Greenwich Safeguarding Adults Board and Safer Greenwich Partnership annual conference aims to bring together both leaders and practitioners from partner agencies in order to focus on the harm caused by domestic abuse.
The aim of the conference will be to raise awareness of the impact of domestic abuse on individuals and families, to improve identification through understanding when, why and how adults are targeted and to focus on how to support people during and after abuse has occurred.
Key note speakers
- Dr Roxanne Agnew-Davis – Dr Davis will be speaking about the psychological impact of domestic abuse on women
- Laura Richards (Criminal Behavioural Analyst) – Laura will be speaking on the behavioural analysis of domestic abuse, stalking, sexual violence, serious violence and murder
- Nick Gazzard (Chair of the Hollie Gazzard Trust) – Victims voice of Hollie Gazzard.
Choose two to take part in during the day:
- Peter Kelley (Galop) – LGBT+ anti-violence charity
- Jennifer Cirone (Solace Womens Aid) – The picture of domestic abuse in Greenwich and services in the borough
- Miranda Pio (Standing Together) – Domestic homicide reviews
- Lucy Giles (Save Lives) – Familial Abuse (especially from adult carers).
Please note: We advise that you use Internet Explorer or Firefox to complete the survey.